No lump = no tumor = no cancer, right? Not necessarily. There are breast cancer symptoms that do not involve the presence of a lump.
“The majority of the publicity assigned to breast cancer is a lump, and the majority of patients might feel a mass in the breast, but there are definitely other symptoms besides a lump,” says Ricardo H. Alvarez, MD, MSc, who leads the Breast Cancer Center Institute at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA).
CLICK HERE to familiarize yourself with the five signs of breast cancer that aren’t a lump.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effect May Mimic Breast Cancer Symptoms April 23, 2021
- Cutting the Energy Cords March 31, 2021
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine is Better for Cancer Patients? March 25, 2021
- Transform Discomfort to Comfort March 24, 2021
- Guided Imagery – Overcoming Emotional and Physical Pain in March March 19, 2021