“The goal is to alter the prognosis. Additional studies are needed to determine if increasing muscle mass in patients could improve outcomes,” according to Cynthia Lynch, MD – Medical Director of the Breast Cancer Center and Medical Oncologist at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix.
Oncologists stress the importance of a healthy diet and exercise for cancer patients. But what you may not know is that low muscle mass may have an effect on a cancer patient’s prognosis. Read more about why building muscle is critical for all cancer patients.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA!
- Morph the Image to Radiant Health & Healing Place! November 30, 2023
- Problem Image into Solution Image & Healing Place November 14, 2023
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Help You? November 8, 2023
- Personal Best & Money Magnet! November 6, 2023
- Security Image with the Third Eye and The Golden Pyramid November 6, 2023