“The goal is to alter the prognosis. Additional studies are needed to determine if increasing muscle mass in patients could improve outcomes,” according to Cynthia Lynch, MD – Medical Director of the Breast Cancer Center and Medical Oncologist at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix.
Oncologists stress the importance of a healthy diet and exercise for cancer patients. But what you may not know is that low muscle mass may have an effect on a cancer patient’s prognosis. Read more about why building muscle is critical for all cancer patients.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA!
- Releasing Fear & Anxiety: Calm and Wise One October 14, 2021
- Release Fear & Anxiety Into Solution Image October 8, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Knight of the Mountain — 2 Ancient Keys — Mystic Grove September 30, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Juggling Jester – Enchanted Waterfalls — Castle September 30, 2021
- Traditional vs. 3D Mammography: Which is Better for You? September 23, 2021