Are you familiar with the benefits of restorative yoga, particularly in cancer patients?
weSPARK is non-profit organization located in Los Angeles which provides ancillary healing services. Our restorative yoga class at weSPARK is completely free of charge for cancer patients, survivors, and their loved ones. It focuses on proper breathing, relaxation, stretching, and meditation that increases the body’s natural healing abilities that are often comprised during cancer treatment.
Similar to gentle yoga, these classes allow our guests to experience a feeling of well-being and peace. Practicing restorative yoga has the power to enhance an individual’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being while reducing the feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression that are associated with dealing with cancer.
This class is a very low impact session that utilizes several different props meant to put you in a state of deep relaxation. Our certified yoga instructor Jenee Macfadden guides the class while gentle and relaxing music plays the background. The lights are turned off as she guides you through a series of gentle movements and breathing techniques that work harmoniously to transfer you to an absolute calm and serene place.
weSPARK, located in Sherman Oaks, offers completely FREE programs, workshops, classes and individual therapies to cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones. Remember to take a look at our monthly program schedule for more information about the services we offer and stay tuned for a new schedule in the new year!
Stay connected to weSPARK!
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022
- Natural VS. Refined Sugars: What’s the Difference? November 10, 2022