Have you attended the Tai Chi class at weSPARK yet? Our classes at weSPARK are completely free of charge for cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones and are designed to heal the body, mind and spirit of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. weSPARK is a non profit organization located in Los Angeles, CA and offers a variety of classes, workshops and support groups.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese martial art that has been utilized as a form of moving meditation. It is most often described as a slow flowing form of exercise that is beneficial for reducing stress, lowering blood pressure, and improving balance, coordination, and circulation. Our Tai Chi class is facilitated by certified Tai Chi instructor Nancy Hammill and takes place every Tuesday at 2 PM.
Nancy leads the class in performing a series of slow, graceful motions that often resemble movements in nature. Gentle music plays in the background and the class follows the movements presented by Nancy, moving in unison and creating a uniform flow of fluid, seamless slow-motion movements. Throughout the class, Nancy explains the importance of each move and the role energy plays in Tai Chi. Each move in Tai Chi increases and improves the flow of internal energy which aids in improving health and reducing stress.
weSPARK offers completely FREE programs, workshops, classes and individual therapies to cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones. Remember to take a look at our monthly program schedule for more information about the services we offer.
Stay connected to weSPARK!
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Solution Image & Glimpsing the New January 26, 2023
- Eat This Fish, Not That One January 26, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New – 3 Doors to Self — Radiant Health January 12, 2023
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Help Patients Better Recover from Cancer Treatment? January 11, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Radiant Health & Finding Your True Goals January 9, 2023