A healthy diet is a healthy diet, right? Turns out, there are some nuances to healthy eating based on cancer type. Experts have established nutritional guidelines tailored specifically for certain cancer types in order to reduce potential treatment-related side effects while also helping to improve your quality of life chances of better outcomes. For instance, breast cancer patients should drink fewer sugary drinks and eat more fiber; while colorectal cancer patients should focus on a calcium-rich diet and eat less processed meat, to give a few examples.
Read more healthy eating tips based on your cancer type, HERE.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- How Long Does Chemo Brain Last, and Tips to Manage? September 13, 2023
- Radiant Health & The Zig Zagging Pathways of Change August 31, 2023
- Discomfort Image into Healing Light August 31, 2023
- Radiant Health — Ocean of No Time — Empowerment! August 31, 2023
- Can Treating Malnutrition in Cancer Patients Improve Outcomes? August 17, 2023