The weather lately has been feeling more winter than springtime, so taking a bit of time to simmer tea sounds perfect.
This quick and easy recipe will not only be comforting but also supports your health. Ginger and turmeric have excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 diced piece of ginger or 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 diced garlic clove or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add turmeric, ginger, garlic, and cayenne.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain tea into a cup; add honey and lemon wedge if desired.