In the past, cancer treatment meant destroying the cancer, but also potentially negatively affecting other parts of the patient’s health. Thankfully, with advances in modern medicine, treating cancer today means far less aggressive options for some cancers.
Options now include precision-focused treatments, like targeted therapies or immunotherapy drugs. “We are learning that we can be more focused in our treatment and more direct and, therefore, potentially treat patients in a shorter period, with fewer therapies and with potentially fewer side effects,” Marnee Spierer, MD, Chief of Staff and Chief of Radiation Oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix.
Read more about the evolution of cancer treatment.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA!
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022