The average caregiver provides about 32 hours a week, caring for a loved one with a cancer diagnosis. It’s no wonder why caregivers rarely spend time on self-care.
Yet, self-care is so essential in replenishing our ability to help others.
Here are our favorite easy but helpful tips for caregivers.
- Self-care is not selfish, so take time to recharge your batteries and set healthy boundaries.
- Asking for help is self-care. Don’t hesitate, ask for what you need. Have a list of practical things friends or family members can do for you.
- Practice five-minute relaxation. A few minutes of deep breathing, stretching, and centering makes a difference.
- Find support from other caregivers. Caregiver support groups work wonders.
- Care giving is a beautiful way to love someone, but it’s hard. Take breaks often.
The emotional and physical demands are high. Remembering to set time to care for yourself is just as important as the time we set for others.
- Morph the Image to Radiant Health & Healing Place! November 30, 2023
- Problem Image into Solution Image & Healing Place November 14, 2023
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Help You? November 8, 2023
- Personal Best & Money Magnet! November 6, 2023
- Security Image with the Third Eye and The Golden Pyramid November 6, 2023