Good bacteria versus bad bacteria – we know there’s a balance needed for good health, but how do you maintain that healthy balance?
For everyone, maintaining a normal bacterial balance is key for prevention of infections or diseases, including cancer. But, for cancer patients maintaining that balance may be even more crucial. You’ve likely heard a lot of studies about your microbiome lately. It has many names, like gut flora, or gut bacteria or microbiota, but what is it and how we maintain a healthy balance?
Learn more about the human microbiome, how it affects cancer patients, and tips to maintain it.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022