Heard of Maqui Berries? The New Superfood
Our registered dietitian, Megan Sewards RD shares thoughts on her new favorite super food.
I recently started hearing about Maqui Berries…dark purple in color with a great tart taste!
Maqui berries contain the highest antioxidant value of any known superfruit… up to four to 30 times higher than the average acai berry!
They are also rich in vitamins A and C and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium.
Beneficial for potential cancer prevention, anti-inflammatory effects and can aid in increased immune function and improved energy levels.
Maqui berry is generally considered safe when it is eaten in small amounts as a fruit. More research is needed to determine the safety of maqui when it is taken as a supplement or in large quantities.
Suggested use: blend into smoothies, top hot cereal or sprinkle on yogurt.
- Releasing Fear & Anxiety: Calm and Wise One October 14, 2021
- Release Fear & Anxiety Into Solution Image October 8, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Knight of the Mountain — 2 Ancient Keys — Mystic Grove September 30, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Juggling Jester – Enchanted Waterfalls — Castle September 30, 2021
- Traditional vs. 3D Mammography: Which is Better for You? September 23, 2021