Heard of Maqui Berries? The New Superfood
Our registered dietitian, Megan Sewards RD shares thoughts on her new favorite super food.
I recently started hearing about Maqui Berries…dark purple in color with a great tart taste!
Maqui berries contain the highest antioxidant value of any known superfruit… up to four to 30 times higher than the average acai berry!
They are also rich in vitamins A and C and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium.
Beneficial for potential cancer prevention, anti-inflammatory effects and can aid in increased immune function and improved energy levels.
Maqui berry is generally considered safe when it is eaten in small amounts as a fruit. More research is needed to determine the safety of maqui when it is taken as a supplement or in large quantities.
Suggested use: blend into smoothies, top hot cereal or sprinkle on yogurt.
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022