Heard of Maqui Berries? The New Superfood
Our registered dietitian, Megan Sewards RD shares thoughts on her new favorite super food.
I recently started hearing about Maqui Berries…dark purple in color with a great tart taste!
Maqui berries contain the highest antioxidant value of any known superfruit… up to four to 30 times higher than the average acai berry!
They are also rich in vitamins A and C and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium.
Beneficial for potential cancer prevention, anti-inflammatory effects and can aid in increased immune function and improved energy levels.
Maqui berry is generally considered safe when it is eaten in small amounts as a fruit. More research is needed to determine the safety of maqui when it is taken as a supplement or in large quantities.
Suggested use: blend into smoothies, top hot cereal or sprinkle on yogurt.
- What Cancer Patients Need to Know When Traveling by RV August 11, 2022
- Strength and Light – Resilience and Radiance August 9, 2022
- Radiant Health and the Castle August 9, 2022
- Cutting Energy Cords Clearing & Metaphysical Mentor August 9, 2022
- Color of Comfort — Happy Cells — Higher Essence August 9, 2022