Lemon Ginger Popscicles
Beat the heat with this popsicle recipe from our registered dietitian, Megan Sewards! This recipe is also a good way to combat any nausea experienced during treatment. Check it out below!
- 3 1/2 cups water (can use an electrolyte enhanced water)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 slices of lemon, thinly sliced and cut in half
- Put the water and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the honey and simmer for another 1 – 2 minutes until the honey is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl through a fine strainer pressing down hard on the ginger with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into your ice popsicle molds. Leave about 1/4 inch at the top to leave room for the stick and the popsicles will expand a bit as they freeze.
- Place a 1/2 slice of lemon in each mold.
- Place the lid on the mold and place in the freezer for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and add the sticks to the popsicles and freeze until solid.
- Let the popsicles sit at room temperature for a few minutes to loosen them up so they can easily be removed from the molds.
WeSPARK Cancer Support Center is located in Los Angeles and offers completely FREE programs, workshops, classes and individual therapies to cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones. Remember to take a look at our monthly program schedule for more information about the services we offer.
Stay connected to WeSPARK!
- Releasing Fear & Anxiety: Calm and Wise One October 14, 2021
- Release Fear & Anxiety Into Solution Image October 8, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Knight of the Mountain — 2 Ancient Keys — Mystic Grove September 30, 2021
- Mythic Journey: Juggling Jester – Enchanted Waterfalls — Castle September 30, 2021
- Traditional vs. 3D Mammography: Which is Better for You? September 23, 2021