Mindfulness meditation has many potential benefits, including alleviating stress, calming anxiety, regulation of your emotions, and sharpening focus. New research shows that mindfulness meditation may also help improve sleep!
A study done recently by the Journal of the American Medical Association: Internal Medicine studied two groups of adults with moderate sleep problems. One group was given a routine to improve sleep (regular bedtime routine, avoiding caffeine late in the day, etc.), while the other group was given a six-week mindfulness meditation program. The group that received the mindfulness training showed a marked improvement in sleep quality and decrease in symptoms of depression, insomnia, and fatigue.
weSPARK offers Mindfulness Meditation in a few different ways. On Tuesdays we offer a Mindfulness Meditation workshop, which is a playful and enlightening class on Mindfulness. On Thursdays we have one-on-one mindfulness sessions available, where each session is unique to where you are and what you need in that moment, incorporating techniques including mindfulness meditation, breath work and restoratives. You can read all about these programs here.
We’ve also got a mindfulness workshop coming up: Mindfulness for Restfulness and Pain Management. This program will be offered on Saturday, March 14, and again on Saturday, April 11. You can read more about it here.
To sign up for any of these programs, give us a call at 818-906-3022.
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022
- Natural VS. Refined Sugars: What’s the Difference? November 10, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Radiant Healthy Imagery with Gratitude & Appreciation November 3, 2022