By Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Aging may be part of life, but everyone ages differently based on a variety of different factors. For years, scientists have been studying how the role these chromosome tips, called telomeres, influence the development of disease including cancer.
“They protect cells and enable cells to fix errors in the DNA during the process of cell division,” says Stephen Lynch, MD, Primary Care and Intake Physician at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Scientists have also found that telomeres tend to shrink with age.
Learn more about what role doctors say shrunken telomeres may have when it comes to the risk of developing certain cancers.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Solution Image & Glimpsing the New January 26, 2023
- Eat This Fish, Not That One January 26, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New – 3 Doors to Self — Radiant Health January 12, 2023
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Help Patients Better Recover from Cancer Treatment? January 11, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Radiant Health & Finding Your True Goals January 9, 2023