The physical side effects of cancer are often hard to avoid. Helping patients manage and reduce side effects may go a long way in avoiding treatment delays or interruptions and improving their quality of life.
Patients don’t want to be on a lot of medications, typically. We listen to patients to understand what they like to do, what might be keeping them from enjoying life, and what management options they might be comfortable with. It’s weighing risks and benefits, pros and cons.
– Imran Shariff, MD, Supportive Care Physician at CTCA Philadelphia
Learn more about some of the ways supportive therapies can help manage physical side effects without the use of medications.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022