The physical side effects of cancer are often hard to avoid. Helping patients manage and reduce side effects may go a long way in avoiding treatment delays or interruptions and improving their quality of life.
Patients don’t want to be on a lot of medications, typically. We listen to patients to understand what they like to do, what might be keeping them from enjoying life, and what management options they might be comfortable with. It’s weighing risks and benefits, pros and cons.
– Imran Shariff, MD, Supportive Care Physician at CTCA Philadelphia
Learn more about some of the ways supportive therapies can help manage physical side effects without the use of medications.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube or call the VIP Line at 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- What Cancer Patients Need to Know When Traveling by RV August 11, 2022
- Strength and Light – Resilience and Radiance August 9, 2022
- Radiant Health and the Castle August 9, 2022
- Cutting Energy Cords Clearing & Metaphysical Mentor August 9, 2022
- Color of Comfort — Happy Cells — Higher Essence August 9, 2022