Breast cancer survivor Wendy Waller endured four rounds of chemotherapy, a double mastectomy, radiation treatments and eight surgeries. She’s cancer free but now struggles with body image, “Every day, when I get out of the shower, looking normal is what’s important to me.”
Chief of Surgery and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Randall Craft at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® in Phoenix helps women with these types of body image issues and says it often starts with understanding your options.
About the Author
Plastic/Reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Randall Craft is Chief of Surgery at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Phoenix. Previously, he was a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. He completed his residency in General Surgery at the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education and completed a second residency in Plastic Surgery at Harvard Plastic Surgery, part of Harvard Medical School.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a national network of five hospitals that serves adult patients who are fighting cancer. CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines advancements in genomic testing and precision cancer treatment, surgery, radiation, immunotherapy and chemotherapy, with evidence-informed supportive therapies designed to help patients physically and emotionally by enhancing their quality of life while managing side effects both during and after treatment. Stay up to date on all things CTCA! Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube or call 1-800-227-3207 for more information.
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022