In California, the warmer weather makes it difficult to tell when we are in the cold and flu season. However, by the time October rolls in, it’s definitely cold season.
There are simple precautions we can take to stave off the cold and stay well. Here are our five favorite cold season reminders:
- Stock up on your cold season essentials, including tissues, hand sanitizers, pain relievers, and fever reducers. Better to have it on hand than to venture into crowded stores.
- Disinfect your both your home and work areas. Focus on the high traffics and frequently touched areas such as phones and doorknobs.
- Get plenty of rest. Nothing knocks your immune systems like not getting enough sleep.
- Be mindful of washing your hands. Use enough soap and lather for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay hydrated. Water strengthens your immune system and flushes out toxins.
We should all practice extra self-care during the cold season, particularly individuals undergoing treatment and their caregivers. Remember, practice these tips to help strengthen your immune system and safeguard your wellness.
- Thankfulness, Gratitude & Appreciation: The Ancient One — Appreciation and More — November 24, 2021
- Thankfulness, Gratitude & Appreciation: Third Eye – Connection Leap – Blessings November 24, 2021
- Tips for Staying Positive During Times of Stress November 22, 2021
- Thankfulness, Gratitude & Appreciation: Rainbow Garden November 15, 2021
- Don’t Neglect Lung Cancer Screening Because of COVID-19 November 10, 2021