March brings us warmer weather, and we look forward to springtime activities. It’s also time to share our favorite round-up of three articles from our partner – Cancer Treatment Centers of America, in this past quarter.
Our Top Three Favorite Articles: March 2022 Roundup
Intimacy During Cancer Care
Cancer can put a strain on intimate relationships. Treatments for cancer and the disease itself may cause changes in sexual desire and function. If your physical appearance has changed, you may feel less attractive or desirable.
At the same time, your partner may feel helpless, fearful, or unsure of how to support you. Any of these issues can form barriers to intimacy.
Read more about intimacy during cancer.
Need to Relax?
It may seem complicated to relax these days when so many rules are in place to help us stay safe. Add a cancer diagnosis and treatment schedule to the mix, and the stress may seem overwhelming.
The constant pressure can affect the immune system, disrupt sleep and cause digestive issues and pain. As hard as it may seem, it’s even more critical that we learn ways to relax, shed the stress, and relieve the tension. Relaxing feels good and provides both physical and emotional benefits before, during, and after cancer treatment.
Myths Busted About Diet, Antioxidants, Alcohol and More
Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet in sensible portions and other lifestyle habits helps provide a panoply of benefits to physical and mental health. Reducing excess body weight, sugar and alcohol intake, for example, may help prevent heart disease. A healthy may also help reduce the risk of cancer.
There are several steps patients and families can take to help.
Let us know what you think of these three and what other topics should we include in our blog?
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Solution Image & Glimpsing the New January 26, 2023
- Eat This Fish, Not That One January 26, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New – 3 Doors to Self — Radiant Health January 12, 2023
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Help Patients Better Recover from Cancer Treatment? January 11, 2023
- Creating a Positive Mindset & Glimpsing The New: Radiant Health & Finding Your True Goals January 9, 2023