Mangoes are in season this month! This light and flavorful salad is great for a backyard dinner. As the days warm up, be sure to have this recipe handy!
This recipe was featured in April’s “weSPARK Connection”. Click here to view the connection and find tips, quotes, and things to do!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
- Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
TIPS & NOTES
- Tips: To dice a mango:
- 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
- To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effect May Mimic Breast Cancer Symptoms April 23, 2021
- Cutting the Energy Cords March 31, 2021
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine is Better for Cancer Patients? March 25, 2021
- Transform Discomfort to Comfort March 24, 2021
- Guided Imagery – Overcoming Emotional and Physical Pain in March March 19, 2021