By Megan Sewards, RD
Many spices or seasonings can be used to zest up recipes prepared in the home. Numerous spices even have an added cancer-fighting benefit. Whether it is due to their rich anti-oxidant content, anti-inflammatory or immune boosting properties, this list below are essentials to stock your pantry with. Using the following in whole food form or while cooking is considered safe during most, if not all, cancer treatments; supplement forms however are not advisable and may even increase risk other medical conditions.
Try these spices and seasonings in your next meal or dish!
Red Pepper (cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes)
Black Pepper (helps increase bioavailability/absorption of certain spices such as Turmeric)
Garlic- Fresh cloves chopped
Ginger- whole root
WeSPARK Cancer Support Center is located in Sherman Oaks and offers completely FREE programs, workshops, classes and individual therapies to cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones. Remember to take a look at our monthly program schedule for more information about the services we offer.
Stay connected to WeSPARK!
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients December 6, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Kaleidoscope of Images November 28, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Appreciation Guide with Strength, Possibility, and Serenity November 22, 2022
- Gratitude & Appreciation Galore: Gratitude Walk with Hope & Courage November 22, 2022
- Eight Ways I Navigated the Holidays During Breast Cancer Treatment November 22, 2022