By Megan Sewards, RD
Many spices or seasonings can be used to zest up recipes prepared in the home. Numerous spices even hold an added cancer fighting benefit. Whether it is due to their rich anti-oxidant content, anti-inflammatory or immune boosting properties, this list below are essentials to stock your pantry with. Using the following in whole food form or while cooking is considered safe during most, if not all, cancer treatments; supplement forms however are not advisable and may even increase risk other medical conditions.
Try these spices and seasonings in your next meal or dish!
Red Pepper (cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes)
Black Pepper (helps increase bioavailability/absorption of certain spices such as Turmeric)
Garlic- Fresh cloves chopped
Ginger- whole root
weSPARK Cancer Support Center is located in Los Angeles and offers completely FREE programs, workshops, classes and individual therapies to cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones. Remember to take a look at our monthly program schedule for more information about the services we offer.
Stay connected to weSPARK!
- Breathing Tool — Enchanted Waterfalls May 12, 2021
- The Higher Council Wisdom Within May 7, 2021
- Cancer Treatment: 5 common Health and Safety Risks May 7, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effect May Mimic Breast Cancer Symptoms April 23, 2021
- Cutting the Energy Cords March 31, 2021